Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pizza Panini


This is my new favorite idea that I am obsessed with. Who doesn't love pizza or grilled sandwiches? This is super fast and easy dinner and I am excited to keep playing and perfecting this meal.


I used really good sourdough bread, spread both sides with butter and then stacked up my sandwich. One side got shredded mozzarella, then pepperoni, a little bit of spaghetti sauce and a few slices of provolone cheese.




I don't have a real panini press, so I put my sandwiches on my grill pan, put another pan on top of it and weighted it down. Ghetto, I know, but it served its purpose. The sandwiches got pressed down and gooey with cheese.



I love this meal because it is super fast and easy. Next time I want it try it with some spinach....what else should I try putting in it? What do you like on your panini?

3 comments:

  1. I want to be your first post...how about sprinking some garlic salt on the outsides and some parm/regianno cheese to the outside. We love ours like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did put garlic powder on the outside, but I didn't think about doing the cheese. That will for sure be on the list for next time. :)

    ReplyDelete