Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Double Meat


Double meat has been our life lately. Thats the good thing about Paleo, but it is also the really expensive part of Paleo. Still struggling with the costs of all the food and the feeling of being hungry almost all of the time, but I am adjusting. We are already at Day 10, one-third of the way through!

I bought some bok choy at the Farmers Market this
week and I decided that I better use it! So I decided to make a big stir-fry. I pulled out all the veggies in the fridge and
just started chopping. My husband came out of the bedroom and said, "Well, I can see that your knife works...." I chopped up zucchini, broccoli, celery, carrots, onion and bok choy. I also bought some organic, grass fed, open pasture beef at the farmers market that was already cut into stir fry strips. I just love the name, Lucky Dog Ranch. I sauteed all of this in a huge skillet with garlic, powdered ginger, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds. This made a huge amount of stir fry! But it was delicious and another good change of pace.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I'm jealous of your beef supplier. We can't find beef of that quality locally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to leave us hanging. Did the diet work? Did you stop blogging because you quit at day 11? :) Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete